The information we collect:
- Access to your information by third parties;
- The choices that are available to you regarding how the information is used and to whom it is disseminated;
- Your rights to access and correct or update your personally identifiable information; and
- Our pledge to have reasonable security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Dermalogica Hong Kong may collect two types of information about you when you visit our site: personal information (including, by way of example only, your name, address, telephone number and email address) and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our site that you have visited and your IP address).
1. Personally Identifiable Information
The only personally identifying information that we collect and store about you is the information that you choose to provide to us. For example, we gather your personally identifiable information when you send us an email or a letter, or when you register for a loyalty program. We will use this information to respond to your email or letter, or to administer the loyalty program. We also may use the information to send you notifications about our products and about Dermalogica Hong Kong events.Please click here for further information about EIG Group’s Personal Data Protection Notice.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We collect and use non-personally identifiable information about you in the following ways:
a. Referrers, IP Addresses and Other Non-Personal Information
Dermalogica Hong Kong collects information through “referrers”, IP addresses and various environmental variables. A “referrer” is information the web browser passes along to the Dermalogica Hong Kong web server that references the URL from which you came. The “IP address” is a number used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you. “Environmental variables” include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed our website, the types of web browser and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the websites you left to visit Dermalogica Hong Kong, the names of the pages you visit while at our website and the Internet address of the website you then visit. We collect all of this information to allow us to detect broad demographic trends, to provide information tailored to your interests and to enhance your experience on Dermalogica Hong Kong’s websites.
To help us improve our websites and to ensure that we make every effort to provide you with information that is of interest to you, we may merge your personally identifiable information with click-stream data and other data we have (including offline data). We will not merge your personally identifiable information in this way without giving you an opportunity to opt-out of any such merge. This opportunity to opt-out will be provided at the time and place of information collection and before data is entered into our system. We may also develop a profile based on your use of our site that does not include any personally identifiable information.
3. Sharing Your Information With Third Parties
We may share your personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number) with our affiliates without prior consent. Except (i) as part of our security processes instituted to prevent fraud, and (ii) as part of the management of your account (e.g. credit card processing for purchases), we will not share your personally identifiable information with non-affiliated third parties without your prior consent. In the case that we share your personally identifiable information as part of our security processes or as part of the management of your account as described in this section, we will contractually obligate the third party to protect your personally identifiable information, and to use it only as directed by Dermalogica Hong Kong.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every website that they visit. In general, you should be cautious about providing personally identifiable information to websites unless you trust the owner and operator of the website. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected when you visit Dermalogica Hong Kong’s family of websites.
5. Notification of Changes
6. Special Policy Regarding Information from Children Under Thirteen
Dermalogica Hong Kong is not targeted to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any child under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive such information, we delete it as soon as we discover it and do not use it or share it with third parties.
Dermalogica Hong Kong provides the following choices regarding the use of your information:
- You may choose not to provide us with any contact information.
- You may choose to provide us with personal information, but choose to opt-out from having your information shared with third parties. Note that this may affect your ability to take advantage of certain features of the website, including purchases and loyalty programs.
- If you would like to unsubscribe to any of our services or would like us to remove you from any of our on-line mailing lists, please go to our subscription page or click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any of our email messages.
- You may access the personal information we have collected about you and correct any inaccuracies by pointing your browser to our subscription page.
By way of example only, cookies may be used to facilitate entry into protected areas, or to remember user preferences. If you do not have cookies enabled in your web browser, some features of our website may not be available to you.
We take precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from inadvertent disclosure and intrusion by third parties. Some of these precautions involve technologies like firewalls and secure access. If you have questions about the security at our websites, you can send an email to email@example.com.